Monday, October 02, 2006

Beth's Baby Shower

Yesterday the Pasadena SnB had a baby shower for Beth. The theme was knitted items, since that's what we do together, and do it well. Here's the best part. We had it in a yarn store! What fun is that?! A private party in a yarn store. Heaven, my friends. We had it at Unraveled, thanks to Fay Lynn (who organized the event), Christine (who owns the store and allowed us to use it) and Sandy (who was Fay Lynn's right hand woman).

Here are most of us who were there:


From left to right: Jan, Marie, Joan, Beth, Fay Lynn, me, Mary and Jillian

You cant' read it in the picture, but Beth was wearing the sign that was on the door which said "Closed - Private Party".

Here is the basket of gifts (so cute!):


Beth with a crocheted Bear made by Joan



A profile with the cake

And finally-

An FO just in time for the event (barely). I was sewing it up the morning of - but it's finished! This is the Baby Hoodie from Special Knits by Debbie Bliss. I made it in size 12-24 months. I used a washable wool - an italian brand that I bought at the Yarn Lady Bag Sale. The sweater came out so cute. I'm now making another one for my nephew's first birthday.

I would like to give a BIG THANK YOU to Fay Lynn and Sandy for a wonderful party!!!

5 comments:

Opinionated said...

The sweater looks so cute! I'm so sorry I couldn't be there, but it looks like you guys had fun :)

jillian said...

Thanks for remembering your camera - and taking such great pics! So glad to see you yesterday!

Fay Lynn said...

And a great time was had by all!!

Madge said...

Look at the big basket of goodies! And cake! What fun!

And your hoodie came out awesome. :)

mehitabel said...

That was a fun party! I love your hoodie--hmmm, maybe I will need to make one now. If I can tear myself away from Lady E!!