Monday, March 03, 2008

Oh Noro, how I love thee....



Just a quick post to prove that I'm still here. I cast on Shrugs & Kisses a couple of weeks ago. The yarn is Noro Kureyon color 185. This was a birthday gift from my MIL bought at Stitches West last year. I thought I should at least cast on before leaving for Stitches this year. I love the colors and how they gradually change from one to another. If it weren't for that, I'd be bored to tears of stockinette. I'm eager to finish the body of it so I can move onto the crocheted collar and bottom border. This is what it will look like (I hope):

It's going to have some competition for my attention soon. My knitting group is knitting the Lenore sock pattern and I have yet to cast on. I think I'm the last to cast on actually, so that will be happening very soon. And a dear friend of mine is having a baby in May. I just got notice that there will be a shower in April. I have a month to knit up a gift. Good thing I bought all of those kits for the Dream in Color Tulip sweater!

3 comments:

Madge said...

Sooo smart of you to have had the foresight to stock up on the Tulip kits. :)

And how was Stitches? Loot? Hope ya had fun!

Ellen Bloom said...

#185 is my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE colorway! I have it in Kureyon and sockyarn!!!! The sweater looks faboo!

amanda said...

Wow, that's an amazing sweater. Can't wait to see your progress!