Thursday, May 24, 2007

Summer Knitting Goals

Yikes! Did I say that? I did. Nothing like free yarn to motivate a meandering knitter.

Thanks to Valerie at Knitting in Pink I found out about this very cool contest hosted by Ali at Skeins Her Way . The winner will receive 4 hanks of Blue Sky Dyed Cotton in the color of his/her choice and the pattern for the Fitted Tank. Click here so you can join in the fun! But hurry...the contest closes at the end of May. Make sure you let her know that I sent you.

My Summer Knitting Goals:



1. Finish the gray Cable & Rib sweater. Including the zipper!

2. Knit my first pair of adult size socks. No more talking about it, no more fantasizing - just do it.

3. Knit the Myrtle Leaf Shawl from Victorian Lace Today seen below.


4. Last, but not least, finish inputting my stash into the spreadsheet. I'm 1/3 done and I've been entering new yarns that sneak into the house before I put them away in the bins. That's my new rule - must enter yarn in computer before putting it away. That way the amount of yarn needing to be entered doesn't continue to grow and overwhelm me.

I think I'll keep it at that. I have a tendency to make some pretty lofty goals. These are some big projects and I want to remain realistic here. I better get knitting!

This weekend I'll post a WIP report on the gray sweater.

5 comments:

Knitting in Pink said...

That's a beautiful shawl! Good luck with it : )

mary said...

Ooh, I like that shawl. Do you think it's very hard? I'm looking for an easy rectangular shawl project.

Madge said...

Good luck to you - these sound like great projects to work on during the summer months!

(Me, every time I say I'm going to do certain projects on my blog I somehow end up doing something completely different. So I'm just gonna wing summer.)

And I agree - that's one gorgeous lace shawl.

mehitabel said...

Great idea to set some goals! Now I'm one who sets a goal, gets distracted along the way (pretty! shiny!) and somehow never gets there. My summer goals? Find my sewing machine table, finish some WIPs, and work on my Stash-O-Matic listing.
That should keep me too busy to look for a job...

Kerry said...

Time for an update please. :-)