I know I've been MIA lately. I have been knitting, just not blogging.
I've finished the back of my Cable & Rib sweater. Before I cast on for the fronts, I decided to spend some time finishing up a smaller project that's been waiting patiently for my attention. I've been so close to finishing for so long....the excitement has been building and I just couldn't wait any longer. My first felting project!
This is the Ruffles to Riches bag from the Pursenalties book. The body of the purse is Noro's Kureyon. I'll list all of the details when it's completely done. I finished the handles and sewed them on, sewed up the bottom and voila:
Next came the scary, I mean exciting part:
Whew! It's over and nobody got hurt. It didn't fall to pieces or get eaten by the washing machine. I do need a pillow case with a zipper or a garment bag though. I put it in a pillowcase and knotted the top, but it kept coming out. Not a big deal except for all the wool in the water. Nothing a mesh strainer from the kitchen can't handle. : )
It's drying now and I think I'm going to love it! All that's left is a trip to the fabric store and to sew up a lining. More pictures to come.