Tuesday, November 28, 2006

I'm still here...

Not much happening on the knitting front. Between work and the holidays my knitting time has suffered in a terrible way. Hopefully, I'll have an FO to show you soon...the hoodie for my nephew. But I had to rip out the hood and figure out what I did wrong and fix it. Somehow I knit it backwards. Since I want little Anthony to be able to see and breathe, I thought I should fix it. Funny thing is, I did it right the first time I made this pattern. Go figure.

I'm trying to decide which sweater to start next. I'm waiting for this pattern to become available. I have a pretty varigated red yarn I'd like to use, but I'm not sure I can match the gauge. I'm going to swatch and see. I'd also love to make this for DH. But I don't have the yarn for it yet. I love reading Jared's blog and I think he's an amazing knitter. Take a peak at some of his FOs. I also want to make the Urban Aran sweater...someday.

So I'm in indecision mode. Not a lot of knitting time, not sure what to start next....

3 comments:

Madge said...

Glad to see you blogging - and how goes the hoodie? Hopefully you're finishing the last stitches today.

I like Jared's Raspy, and that Urban Aran is great. (I'd never seen his blog before; thanks for the link.) But maybe you need another small project to work on since the busy holidays are here?

mary said...

I love that raspy without the rasp sweater. I bet it would look great on DH too! Anthony's hoodie is gonna be perfect, and he's gonna love it.

Christine said...

Sahara is out! I'm dying to make it also.